Make tonight’s dinner and freeze a dinner for another night at the same time!
- Pie Crust dough
- 4 cooked and peeled sweet potato cubes (microwave or boiled)
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables of choice at least 2lbs (peas, carrots, corn, lima beans, and even green beans make a nice mix)
- Cooked, diced chicken (2-3 breasts)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ~1 cup milk
- ~1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease pie pan and lay in bottom pie dough.
- To make gravy, heat chicken stock and milk. Whisk in flour.
- Mix together sweet potatoes, frozen vegetables, and chicken. Add 1/2 of mixture to pie pan.
- Pour 1/2 the gravy mixture over the pie.
- Place the top pie crust dough on top of the mixture and slit the top to vent.
- Bake ~40 minutes until pie crust is golden and center is hot/bubbling.
Freezing instructions: Freeze the remaining chicken and vegetable mixture (a gallon bag works well.) Freeze the gravy in a separate bag or container (or make 1/2 with the first recipe and make fresh gravy for the next pie). When you are ready to make another pie, simply defrost the mixture enough to break it up a little so you can place it in the pie pan (microwave defrost works well…just takes a minute or so.) Add mixture to pie crust/pan. Warm gravy and pour over pie. Add top pie crust and wash with egg or milk. Bake for 45-50 minutes until crust is browning and middle is warm/bubbling.